We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,
Hebrews 6:19 NIV
The word “hope” in the Bible is often used to represent trust and wait expectantly. The Old Testament verb translated hope is qawa while the noun from the same root is tiqwa ². Hope is the anticipation of a favorable outcome under God’s guidance. More specifically, hope is the confidence that what God has done for us in the past guarantees our participation in what God will do in the future ⁵.
This hope is an anchor for our souls and no doubt is a wonderful gift of God to us. It is not like a hope in the world, short and temporary – but the kind of Hope will stay till eternity. Now is the time for you to grab this anchor and make it your own and let your soul rest in it.
(1) What Does Hope Mean? Bible Definition and References – Bible Study Tools. https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/hope/.
(2) Hope – Holman Bible Dictionary – StudyLight.org. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/hbd/h/hope.html.
(3) What Is Hope and Why Do We Need it so Badly? – Christianity. https://bing.com/search?q=hope+bible+language+definition+first+century.
(4) What Is Hope and Why Do We Need it so Badly? – Christianity. https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-hope-and-why-do-we-need-it-so-badly.html.
(5) Strong’s Greek: 1680. ἐλπίς (elpis) — expectation, hope – Bible Hub. https://www.biblehub.com/greek/1680.htm.